OneStat.com Web Analytics Trust People (once an Englishman in Philly): Hain's pain

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Hain's pain

I think it is a bad step for the hunting lobby to begin descending to the level of the SWP and ANL in their tactics. They should be above it and I think it can only harm their position as people begin to see them as an unruly pain, rather than a hard-done-by minority. Nonetheless, the news that Peter Hain may be trapped in his house by a protest and would, therefore, be unable to travel to the Labour Conference does strike me somewhat as a case of just desserts. After his own part in dubious protests in the past, and particularly after he was trying to do the same thing to the Cambridge Union during involvement in a violent protest when I was momentarily 'hemmed in' inside, I have no doubt what his views on such dubious tactics are now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home