OneStat.com Web Analytics Trust People (once an Englishman in Philly): If Chris Huhne's so concerned about having meat on the bones, where's the beef?

Saturday, January 14, 2006

If Chris Huhne's so concerned about having meat on the bones, where's the beef?

I have to admit that as Chris Huhne's campaign for the Lib Dems begins to start up the runway its biggest blogosphere cheerleader has got me a little interested. He seems to at least talk the talk of what a proper liberal should be in my eyes, though if Guido is anything to go by why I find that's not a massive surprise. I am sure it's largely comfy rhetoric and am concerned by the ominous tone of some proclamations in relation to his environmental policies - what puts me off him the most, however, is the tendency he is showing to slip into traditional LibDem cheapshot zone. After all, it's easy to knock David Cameron when, new in Parliament, you're sitting in comfortable obscurity on the back benches. It's much harder to actually put your money where your mouth is. So in response to Mr Huhne's warm words, I think I'll quote him back some of his own:

keep on travelling! Rhetoric matters in politics, and your rhetoric is certainly improving. It will be great when you have more than a policy to have policy reviews.

If Chris Huhne's so concerned about having meat on the bones, where's the beef?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home