OneStat.com Web Analytics Trust People (once an Englishman in Philly)

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I shall be blogging-lite this weekend; I'm flying out to Vienna early tomorrow but I do promise you photos and stereotypes of the Austrians and Swiss on my return on Monday.

For now, I shall lament yet further dishonesty in the Lib Dems. Today's Standard headline was "I'm Gay says Lib-Dem Simon". Shurely some mishtake? I'm sure that now "I'm Lib-Dem says Gay Simon" would have somehow been more fitting.

Play nicely.

2 Comments:

At 10:39 am, Blogger James Hellyer said...

Technically speaking, Hughes didn't lie. He said he wasn't. He didn't say that he wasn't bisexual...

 
At 10:43 pm, Blogger Edward said...

Yes, I think you're probably right, James. Nevertheless I feel happy to say he was dishonest. In the interviews he gave, where he was more than happy to discuss his sexuality but could have told them it was none of their business, he gave certain specific answers to create a false impression. That's deceitful. Never did he once hint he was anything other than completely heterosexual in his protestations that he wasn't gay.

Still, having said that, he has received an awful lot of flack when he doesn't seem to be entirely clear about it all himself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home